[Python-Dev] HTTPS read-only SVN access is denied?

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:34:41 CEST 2008

2008/9/7, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
> Not necessarily - as you say, it's undocumented (and will remain so);
>  in any case, I have now granted anonymous read access to that
>  repository, through https.

Thnx a lot... Formerly  I could not access anything because of the
aforementioned authentication issue... Now public access is ok but...

I have recently tried to check out the latest versions of the PEPs and
I still can't do it. Something like this is what happens...

--------------------------------

$ svn co https://svn.python.org/projects/peps/trunk/ .

A    pep-0100.txt
A    pep-0102.txt

... # Many other files "added"

A    pep-0297.txt
A    pep-0299.txt
 U   .

Fetching external item into 'docutils'
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.berlios.de': A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a
period of time, or established connection failed because connected
host has failed to respond.

Please I need some help so as to finally check out all the PEPs at once.

Is this a consequence of my systems settings (SVN, etc...)? Otherwise,
why is this "lovely" message shown? Please... how can I overcome this
situation?

Thnx.

--
Regards,