[Python-Dev] HTTPS read-only SVN access is denied?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Sep 11 19:48:00 CEST 2008

Olemis Lang wrote:

> Fetching external item into 'docutils'
> svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.berlios.de': A connection attempt
> failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a
> period of time, or established connection failed because connected
> host has failed to respond.

 > Please I need some help so as to finally check out all the PEPs at
 > once.

I suspect you already have all the PEP:s; the checkout command gets
stuck when trying to fetch some additional software from an external
server.

try adding the --ignore-externals option to the checkout command, and
see if this gets you any further.

then check if you can reach http://svn.berlios.de via your browser, or
if some firewall rule gets in the way.

</F>