[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Proposed revised schedule
barry at python.org
Tue Sep 9 15:25:03 CEST 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Sep 9, 2008, at 3:22 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Even if I can't contribute very much at the moment, I'm still +1 to
> I doubt Python would get nice publicity if we released a 3.0 but had
> tell everyone, "but don't really use it yet, it may still contain any
> number of showstoppers."
I completely agree. We should not release anything that's not ready.
Assuming that we all agree that 2.6 is much closer to being ready,
that gives us two options: delay 2.6 to coincide with 3.0 or split the
releases. The latter seems like the wisest choice to meet our goals.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Python-Dev