[Python-Dev] Proposing PEP 345 : Metadata for Python Software Packages 1.2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:33:34 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I'll remove it and push it in Distutils documentation, then might just
>> provide a link in the PEP References.
>
> That sounds fine to me.

That would address my questions as well - someone looking for a guide on
how they should deal with different versions of the metadata on the
production and consumption side can look at how distutils deals with it,
leaving the PEP as a pure spec for the metadata format without distutils
API details mixed in.

(where it makes sense in explaining the use cases for the different
fields, I'm fine with referencing distutils API details though)

Cheers,
Nick.