[Python-Dev] The interpreter accepts f(**{'5':'foo'}); is this intentional?

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:31:56 CET 2009

I would favor this not being constrained. I don't want every use of **
to cause a pattern match to verify each key. I would even be fine
without the check for being strings. Define what it should be, but let
the implementation be lax. It is no different from any other place
where you need to know its not a promise, just an artifact, and
shouldn't rely on what the implementation currently does or does not
force.

http://techblog.ironfroggy.com/
Follow me if you're into that sort of thing: http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy