[Python-Dev] Attention Bazaar mirror users

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Feb 22 02:56:21 CET 2009

Steven Bethard wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS Just for my own information, am I correct in thinking that it is
>> *only* Bazaar in the (D)VCS world that has this problem, to any real
>> extent? I know old Mercurial clients can interact with newer servers
>> (ie, the wire protocol hasn't changed), I'm fairly sure that older
>> Subversion clients can talk to newer servers (at least, I've never
>> cared what client version I'm running).
>
> I've definitely had an SVN server tell me that I needed to upgrade my
> client to 1.5.

Interestingly, I've had 1.4 servers tell me I shouldn't have upgraded my
client to 1.5, which is a little tedious = particularly as the
information comes in the form of a hard-to-decipher error message and a
refusal to work. So much for backward compatibility.

Fortunately I still had the SVN 1.4 client on the Ubuntu machine that
was hosting the Samba shares, so I could use ssh and the command line to
maintain things.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119