[Python-Dev] Instructions on using git mirror

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at zope.com
Sat Feb 28 06:43:40 CET 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> We should probably put these, and the Mercurial information on the
> python.org website, perhaps as siblings of the Bazaar information.
> Or maybe it should all move to the wiki.
>
> Until we are willing to say these mirrors are not experimental all
> the instructions should probably go in the wiki.

That's fine, but I think the original poster has a point in using the
word siblings.  Right now, only Bazaar is prominently displayed on the http://www.python.org/dev/

It's both in the menu on the left side and in the Source Code links in
the main content.

A newcomer could think that Bazaar is the only DVCS python developers
are experimenting with.

Supplying links for the Mercurial and Git experimental repos (or wiki
pages about them) would put them at least on equal footing with Bazaar
in terms of exposure.

In terms of technical merit they are obviously on a more than equal
footing.  :-)

	Zvezdan