[Python-Dev] python.org OS

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:39:36 CET 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> And for that ML this is huge; I don't recall so many screams on a
> commercial vendor upgrade since Red Hat went from HJ Liu libc to glibc
> 2.

I've had problems with Kubuntu's graphical updater crashing, but never
anything a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" didn't fix.

Although I'm still on Kubuntu 8.04 - KDE 4 isn't far enough along for me
to consider switching to 8.10, so I probably won't be upgrading again
until the next LTS release.

(Also, if the infrastructure committee *do* consider using Ubuntu for
any of the python.org servers, then the LTS releases are the ones that
should probably be considered, rather than the 6-monthly ones).

Cheers,
Nick.