[Python-Dev] [Distutils] PEP 376 - from PyPM's point of view

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Jul 15 19:47:35 CEST 2009

I've been trying to follow this discussion now for weeks. The signal to noise
ratio is pretty low.

I'd love to have an stdlib solution for distribution packaging and installation.
  But I think we might as well pack it up and go home if the folks whom are
contributing to the discussion "recreationally" (whom are not themselves
implementers and potential implementers or spec writers or potential spec
writers of packaging systems) continue to chime in on *every single issue*,
contributing only stop energy.  It's just completely pointless.

- C