[Python-Dev] Update to Python Documentation Website Request

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 23 10:30:58 CEST 2009

david.lyon at preisshare.net writes:

> >> Can I ask that you also provide a link for windows users
> >> to my project:
> >>
> >>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonpkgmgr/
> >
> > That doesn't seem at all appropriate; promoting third-party packages
> > isn't at all what the above document should be doing.
>
> Distutils was once seperate and was then included in the standard
> python.
>
> So i guess that I am working with the same goal in mind.

In which case you should work to get it accepted into standard Python
*before* asking for it to be promoted in the standard Python
documentation.

> So it is not inappropriate for me to ask about this on this list.

Discussing it here is appropriate. The modification you request is not,
IMO.

--
 \       “It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do |
  `\       is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument |