[Python-Dev] Integrate lxml into the stdlib?

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:43:22 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 22:10, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> libs/_sqlite3.lib 2K
>>
>> I think this is a summary of the entry points into one of the above
>> DLLs for the benefit of other code wanting to link against it, but I'm
>> not sure.
>
> Correct. I don't know why I include them in the MSI - they are there
> because they were also shipped with the Wise installer. I see no
> use - nobody should be linking against an extension module.

They even cause trouble.
Just yesterday I (well, not me: the pypy translation process) was
caught by the presence of the "bz2.lib" file,
which pypy found there, just because the linker lists c:\python25\LIBs
before other directories.
Of course the real bz2.lib, which defines the compression routines,
was installed somewhere else, and compilation failed.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc