[Python-Dev] GSoC: Core Python development tools

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:26:54 CET 2009

C. Titus Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 07:30:01PM -0300, Daniel (ajax) Diniz wrote:
> I do think you should be prepared for pushback from python-dev on any
> such ideas ;).  Don't get too ambitious about writing up *your* way of
> fixing things, but rather make sure you and the students are prepared to
> adapt to what people on python-dev think.  Mind you, ultimately the
> people doing the work should make the decisions, but input from
> python-dev is usually pretty useful even when it's contradictory!

Everything I've seen from Daniel so far seems to be about either making
things we already do more efficient, or else providing additional
features in ways that don't make the tools any more confusing for others
already used to a particular way of doing things. So he seems to be
navigating this particular minefield pretty well so far.

Then again, I may be a little biased - some of the recent bug tracker
changes are things I had wished for in the past, but never chipped in
any code to help make them happen :)

Cheers,
Nick.