[Python-Dev] Non-Core project: IDLE

Mon Mar 23 23:52:50 CET 2009

Guilherme Polo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> IDLE needs lots of attention -- more than any one experienced person is
>> likely to have
> I'm willing to step up as a student for this but I still have to write
> a good proposal for it.
> My actual concern is about mentor availability, is someone around
> interested on being an IDLE mentor ?

You might want to talk to Bruce Sherwood, as VPython suffered through
a bunch of Idle problems.  I got the impression he had a person or two
who were his Idle experts (so I am thinking they might be the mentors
you are looking for).  In any case, even a charter of "unit tests to 50%
coverage" of Idle would be a huge improvement.

I've run after specific bugs in Idle, but don't really know the lay of
the land.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org