[Python-Dev] PEP 3003 - Python Language Moratorium

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Nov 3 19:44:58 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> * General language semantics
>>     The language operates as-is with only specific exemptions (see
>>     below).
>
> Would PEP 382 (namespace packages) fall under the moratorium?

Import semantics are a bit of a gray area. However I think the
moratorium shouldn't be interpreted to prohibit this. I think there
was a question on python-ideas about import semantics, and my response
was something like "import semantics vary between Python
implementations anyway." I'll add this to the PEP.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)