[Python-Dev] 2.7 Release? 2.7 == last of the 2.x line?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Nov 3 23:23:55 CET 2009

Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:

> FWIW, I did a quick survey of some packages (a sampling of packages
> I've used or considered using in the past):
>
> Twisted - no plans yet for Python 3

Well Twisted depends on zope.interface which is not ported yet.
Twisted apparently has plans to reduce or remove the warnings generated with the
"-3" option, we'll see if the patches get committed:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2484
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4053
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4065

> TurboGears - Python 3 "currently unsupported", no timescale given

TurboGears is Pylons-based, so I suppose the actual question is when Pylons gets
ported.

Regards

Antoine.