[Python-Dev] Replacing IDLE

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 02:48:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> What's so bad about IDLE that you'd like to replace it?

That was exactly my previous question. You don't use IDLE either, so
why not to replace it with something that you can actually use, with
something that is at least extensible? So people will be interested to
learn and contribute.

> The obvious alternative to replacing IDLE is to fix whatever is wrong with it.

It is also obvious that developer would better download a decent
editor than bog their mind with once perspective, but now dead
technology IDLE was build upon.

--
anatoly t.