[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 14 00:20:43 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:34:32 am Matthew Woodcraft wrote:

> As I write, the option with the most votes is /Allow both ratings and
> comments/.
>
> But between them, /Disallow comments/ and /Disallow both ratings and
> comments/ have more votes.

If that's an accurate characterisation, then things must have changed
*radically* in just a few minutes, because the voting at 8:38am
(Melbourne time) was running 2:1 in favour of allowing comments versus
disallowing them. At 10:17 it's still running at the same ratio,
although the individual votes have changed slightly.

> It seems clear to me that, given those figures, allowing comments
> would not be following the result of the vote.

Why do you think it is okay to combine the Disallow vote, without also
combining the Allow vote? Less than a third of the total votes are in
favour of disallowing comments, with two-thirds in favour of allowing
them.

--
Steven D'Aprano