[Python-Dev] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Oct 13 16:52:02 CEST 2009

At 08:27 AM 10/13/2009 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>Are we on track to release 2.6.4 final this Sunday or do we need
>another rc?
>
>Yesterday, Tarek committed another setuptools related fix and said
>that he was going to run a bunch of build tests locally.  Tarek, how
>did that go?

FWIW, that change won't work to fix the problem on Windows if a
package's setup.py is written with cross-platform paths (i.e., the usual case).

Also, for the record, it's not really a setuptools-related fix; it's
just attempting to fix collateral damage caused by the attempt to fix
the problems caused by the original API change...  which affected all
build_ext customizations relying on the docstring of the changed
method, not just the one in setuptools.