[Python-Dev] [python-committers] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 13 19:33:03 CEST 2009

    >> We don't need to wait too long for 2.6.5 though.  A few months would be
    >> appropriate.

    MAL> Would it be reasonable to shorten that period, if the fix for the
    MAL> mentioned problem gets ready for prime time earlier ?

I think it would be worthwhile to prioritize all outstanding bugs which have
been mentioned in the context of 2.6.[345] and run a bug day with the top
priority being to fix those bugs.  If that task is completed, then move onto
other stuff.  Once those primary bugs are tackled schedule a 2.6.5 release.

Skip