[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Oct 27 11:58:47 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis <martin <at> v.loewis.de> writes:
> It's not really reproducible. I think it sometimes happens when I
> restart the master; sometimes, some clients fail to reconnect
> (properly).

Another common problem is that some buildbot fails in the middle of the test
suite, with the following kind of message:

command timed out: 1800 seconds without output, killing pid 12325
process killed by signal 9
program finished with exit code -1

See for example :

(notice, by the way, the elapsed time (10910s, that is, close to 3 hours...))