[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Oct 30 21:08:14 CET 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 at 19:46, Paul Moore wrote:
> 2009/10/30 C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu>:
>>> Once things are up and running, I'll be prepared to do basic care and
>>> feeding of the buildslave, but as my time is limited, it would be nice
>>> if others would pitch in to help.
>>
>> I would be somewhat unhappy about giving more than three or four people
>> admin access, but am prepared to lie back and think of England.
>
> Greetings from England... :-)
>
> I doubt it'll be a huge issue, I just didn't want to end up doing
> nothing more than delivering 5 more red boxes on the buildbot status
> page. We can see how it goes. I just think that maintaining the
> buildbots as more of a community effort means that there's a better
> chance of issues being fixed quickly.

I'd be happy to help with keeping these (or any other) buildbots running,
but I'm not much of a Windows geek (I can work with it, but I know a _lot_
more about Linux).  Same goes for OS/X, though since that is unix based
I'm a little more comfortable with it.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't get responses from more
Windows-savvy developers, then let me know and I'll be glad to help.

That said, the idea of EC2 buildslaves seems pretty attractive...

--David