[Python-Dev] hgeol extension (Was: Mercurial migration: help needed)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Sep 6 09:41:24 CEST 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" writes:

 > This is what I refer to as YAGNI. Subversion has LF as the internal
 > storage, and, IIRC, so does CVS. I don't think there is any precedence
 > for wanting something else - and frankly, I can't see how repository
 > storage would matter.

Well, internally you could use U+2028 LINE SEPARATOR, which would
screw up *everybody* if they don't use the converter, since there are
probably very few editors that understand U+2028.  I've heard that
this is what Samba did when converting to Unicode: intead of using
UTF-8 they used UTF-16 so that English would be at least as buggy as
any other language.

Maybe there's somebody who was participating in Samba at that time who
knows?