[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

Peter Moody peter at hda3.com
Thu Sep 17 19:59:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:50 AM, David Moss <drkjam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2009, at 15:40, Peter Moody <peter at hda3.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:26 AM, DrKJam <drkjam at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please can we have the following RFCs added to the references section
>>> that
>>> cover many of the aspects covered by this PEP?
>>>
>>> RFC 791 - Internet Protocol
>>> RFC 1918 - Address Allocation for Private Internets
>>> RFC 3330 - Special-Use IPv4 Addresses
>>> RFC 4291 - IPv6 Addressing Architecture
>>> RFC 4632 - Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR): The Internet Address
>>
>> Sure, can you give me an idea of what specifically you're looking to
>> the rfc's to clarify? simply adding 5 rfc's to the the PEP wouldn't
>> seem to enhance its readability.
>
> I would hope that these RFCs form the technical basis upon which much of
> this library depends.

yes, and my question was is there something(s) in particular you wish
to see highlighted which will help clarify some confusion you
currently have, or do you feel that simply adding 5 rfc's to the
references section adds to the overall readability of the PEP?

see http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/ for an example of what I mean.