[Python-Dev] operator precedence of __eq__, __ne__, etc, if both object have implementations

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 23 17:06:48 CEST 2009

    Eric> IIRC, one of the reasons for "breaking out"[1] the standard library (and
    Eric> its test suite) was to allow for things like this.

In my opinion the standard library and the core test suite (the language
validation stuff) are entirely independent beasts.  I can understand pieces
of the standard library not being available in one variant or another, but
key semantic aspects of the language proper should be constant across
implementations.

That said, I agree that if the standard library is split off from CPython
then the relevant portions of the test suite should go along with it.

Skip