[Python-Dev] Automatic installer builds (was Re: Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X))

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 14 22:37:04 CEST 2010

> How would that work? Creation of the OSX installer is not integrated
> in the regular Makefiles but is a separate script.

Again by setting up another builder (and assigning it to either the same
or a different slave). Instead of the regular configure/make/make
test/make clean builder, this one would configure/run build
script/upload/clean. Essentially, a builder will invoke arbitrary shell
scripts on the slave, which will (slavishly :-) perform them.

So make sure this can run under an untrusted account; anybody with
control over the master can get access to all slaves (but we do keep
access to the master very tightly restricted). In addition, all
committers basically have control over all slaves (by committing stuff
into the makefile); this is, of course, monitored through the checkins list.

I recommend we look at daily installers after the regular slave is set up.

> A slightly problematic issue is that the machine I want to use for
> the buildbot is running OSX 10.6 and creating the binary installer
> doesn't work on 10.6 yet, but that should be easy enough to fix when
> I look into it.

So we should definitely take one step at a time.

Regards,
Martin