[Python-Dev] Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 23:15:18 CEST 2010

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> writes:

> On 18 Apr, 2010, at 17:17, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>
>> Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>>
>>> That *is* trivial: use Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py on OSX 10.5.
>>
>> Hmm. When I tried it (on some 2.5 release), it took me two days until it
>> produced something.
>
> It should be much improved in 2.6 and later, please file a bug if it
> doesn't work for you.

For what it's worth, the trunk currently takes ~25 minutes on my
relatively modest Mini, when run in parallel with some buildbot stuff,
and with third-party sources already downloaded.  More or less evenly
split among third-party packages, the interpreter itself, and then
docs/framework/disk image creation.

-- David