[Python-Dev] code.python.org - random 403 errors

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Apr 23 07:55:21 CEST 2010

-On [20100423 02:48], Sridhar Ratnakumar (sridharr at activestate.com) wrote:
>> Ok, I setup a cron job to maintain an internal mirror of the above mentioned repositories in code.python.org. We'll do a "hg pull -u" (equivalent to "svn up") every hour; no clones. Hopefully, that should reduce the amount of requests from our side. Let me know if in future this issue repeats.

Dirk Jan can probably correct me (or some other heavy Hg user) but for all I
know you should indeed simply clone once and subsequently hg pull and from
your local copy clone as you like. (At least that's also how
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mercurial/Getting_Started seems to
aim at explaining.)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
A wise man that walks in the dark with a blindfold on, is not much of a
wise man...