[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Apr 26 08:33:04 CEST 2010

> Sounds good.  Why is the barrier for this permission any higher than
> someone asking for it?  Is there really a need to protect against
> contributors with malicious intent?

There is a little risk. People doing triage can make two common
mistakes, and both do happen in the Python tracker from time to time:
a) they reject some contribution, even though a long-time contributor
   might have accepted it with modifications; sometimes this rejection
   happens for overly formal reasons, and
b) they assign issues to someone who might be formally in charge, but
   is unlikely to act on the issue in a reasonable amount of time.
Of course, long-term contributors can and do also make the same
mistakes; it's just that new people are often unfamiliar with the
conventions.

This was all in the abstract, independent of dangerjim (whom I don't know).

Regards,
Martin