[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:14:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 08:33, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> There is a little risk. People doing triage can make two common
> mistakes, and both do happen in the Python tracker from time to time:
> a) they reject some contribution, even though a long-time contributor
>   might have accepted it with modifications; sometimes this rejection
>   happens for overly formal reasons, and
> b) they assign issues to someone who might be formally in charge, but
>   is unlikely to act on the issue in a reasonable amount of time.

Sure. But these errors can be fixed, just as a checkin can be
reverted. That's what I mean with the risk being low, you can't make
permanent damage.

The Zope community gives commit access by recommendation. This works
well. The easier it is to contribute, the more people contributes.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64