[Python-Dev] r83893 - python/branches/release27-maint/Misc/ACKS

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Aug 10 22:21:01 CEST 2010

On 8/10/2010 3:44 PM, Benjamin Peterson wrote:

> No, but if he complains about it, we should change it.

If "In rough English alphabetical order" is extended with "unless the
person requests otherwise", then it should also be extended with "in
which case the name is suffixed with '(phbr)' [or something similar] for
'put here by request'" so that a later, diligent person seeking to
improve the ordering will not think that it out of standard order by
accident or initial committer laziness and move it back. I believe we
are having this discussion in part precisedly because Astrand after Z
was not so tagged and was thought to have just been quickly appended.

--
Terry Jan Reedy