[Python-Dev] mingw support?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Aug 14 11:58:31 CEST 2010

Am 14.08.2010 08:35, schrieb Zooko O'Whielacronx:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> There have certainly been demonstrations that Python can be compiled
>> with mingw, but as far as I am aware what's  missing is a developer
>> sufficiently motivated to integrate that build system into the
>> distributions and maintain it.
>
> It looks like quite a lot of activity on
> http://bugs.python.org/issue3871 . I find it surprising that nobody
> mentioned it before on this thread. Perhaps nobody who has been
> posting to this thread was aware of this activity.

Or one of these:

http://bugs.python.org/issue1412448
http://bugs.python.org/issue1597850
http://bugs.python.org/issue3754
http://bugs.python.org/issue5026
http://bugs.python.org/issue6335

Because there is so many of them, all different, I didn't want to pick
out any specific. Notice that #3871 is really two patch: the original
one (from Roumen), and the one by Руслан, who basically hijacked the issue.

Regards,
Martin