[Python-Dev] Released: Python 2.6.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 25 08:03:40 CEST 2010

> OTOH, I suspect there won't be *that* many documentation fixes for Python 2.6
> and that the overhead will be minimal.  What did we do for Python 2.5?

The question really is whether there is any chance that they will get
released, in some form. There won't be further binary releases (at least
not from python.org), so there definitely won't be a CHM release.

For 2.5, I didn't do releases of the documentation for security
releases. You might decide to make it differently, i.e. including
doc sets with the security releases. If you are not going to release
the documentation (which I would recommend), then committers should
be advised not to commit changes to the documentation (as they will
not get releases).

I do fail to see the point in favor of making documentation changes.
Sure, 2.7 isn't yet widely available. However, 2.6 users should
generally be fine with the 2.6.6 doc set - will the minor changes
that we can make to it (given that no bug fixes will be made to the
code) really matter?

Regards,
Martin