[Python-Dev] Released: Python 2.6.6

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Wed Aug 25 17:32:56 CEST 2010

> The question really is whether there is any chance that they will get
> released, in some form. There won't be further binary releases (at least
> not from python.org), so there definitely won't be a CHM release.

I think that the most important release is docs.python.org/2.6,
regardless of python.org/OS-specific downloadable doc packages.

If people do like haypo and use the most recent docs instead of the
version-specific ones, there’s indeed no need to bother with porting doc
fixes and improvements. If people use docs.py.org/2.6 as a reference for
some years while 2.7 is not on their systems, it may be worthwhile to
keep updating those docs.

Regards