[Python-Dev] Released: Python 2.6.6

Alexis Métaireau alexis at notmyidea.org
Wed Aug 25 18:19:24 CEST 2010

 Le 08/25/2010 05:32 PM, Éric Araujo a écrit :
> I think that the most important release is docs.python.org/2.6,
> regardless of python.org/OS-specific downloadable doc packages.
>
> If people do like haypo and use the most recent docs instead of the
> version-specific ones, there’s indeed no need to bother with porting doc
> fixes and improvements. If people use docs.py.org/2.6 as a reference for
> some years while 2.7 is not on their systems, it may be worthwhile to
> keep updating those docs.
We can also, recommend to always rely on the last version somewhere,
if it's the best way to go.

This way, we can avoid those questions in the future.

I like how the django project present their documentation: there is
a little informational text at the head of each doc, saying that
"you're not browsing the most up-to-date documentation, you can
find the last one here"; maybe can we do a similar thing for the python
doc ?

Regards,
Alexis