[Python-Dev] Released: Python 2.6.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 26 00:33:24 CEST 2010

> I like how the django project present their documentation: there is
> a little informational text at the head of each doc, saying that
> "you're not browsing the most up-to-date documentation, you can
> find the last one here"; maybe can we do a similar thing for the python
> doc ?

In principle, yes. However, it is really tricky to say what the "last
one" is: is 3.1 more recent that 2.7, or not? When 3.2 is released:
should the 2.6 documentation point to 2.7, or 3.2?

If you would now propose to merely have a link from the 2.6 version
to both 2.7 and 3.2: that link is already there.

Regards,
Martin