[Python-Dev] Released: Python 2.6.6

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Aug 28 01:12:18 CEST 2010

Am 25.08.2010 17:32, schrieb Éric Araujo:
>> The question really is whether there is any chance that they will get
>> released, in some form. There won't be further binary releases (at least
>> not from python.org), so there definitely won't be a CHM release.
>
> I think that the most important release is docs.python.org/2.6,
> regardless of python.org/OS-specific downloadable doc packages.

Which is not updated from the branch anymore.  You will see that it redirects
to /releases/2.6.6, which is the docs released with 2.6.6.

> If people do like haypo and use the most recent docs instead of the
> version-specific ones, there’s indeed no need to bother with porting doc
> fixes and improvements. If people use docs.py.org/2.6 as a reference for
> some years while 2.7 is not on their systems, it may be worthwhile to
> keep updating those docs.

I do think that most people just use docs.python.org, and since we clearly
mark everything that is new in 2.7 there is no harm in doing so either.

I don't think I'll want to bother with porting doc fixes to the 2.6 branch.

Georg