[Python-Dev] Using logging in the stdlib and its unit tests

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Dec 10 14:11:07 CET 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:34:48 +0000 (UTC)
Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > When you make significant changes outside of logging, it would be nice
> > if you first opened an issue and posted the patch for review. There's
> > nothing obviously wrong with what you committed, but I think it's
> > principally better to ask first for advice.
>
> Sorry, which significant changes outside of logging do you mean? If you're
> referring to my addition of TestHandler and Matcher to test.support, I did
> mention this earlier in the thread, with a link to the code (though it wasn't on
> a patch added to the tracker, I agree). I can revert this change, if you want.

Yes, I am talking about this one. I am not asking that you revert it; I
am just saying that it is generally appreciated if substantial patches
get proposed on the tracker before being committed.

In this case since it's in test.support we can probably improve it on
the fly, of course.

Regards

Antoine.