[Python-Dev] [python-committers] [RELEASED] Python 3.2 beta 2

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Wed Dec 22 14:09:46 CET 2010

On 12/22/2010 8:46 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Am 22.12.2010 02:15, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
>> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Georg Brandl<georg at python.org>  wrote:
>>> Since PEP 3003, the Moratorium on Language Changes, is in effect, there
>>> are no changes in Python's syntax and built-in types in Python 3.2.
>>
>> Minor nit - we actually did tweak a few of the builtin types a bit
>> (mostly the stuff to improve Sequence ABC conformance and to make
>> range objects more list-like)
>
> Indeed, I'll fix this wording for the next announcement.  (And I will
> mention SSL, sorry Antoine).

If you're only going to mention some vague "some builtins had minor
changes", then I'm fine with that. If you're going to enumerate all such
changes, that will be a bigger job. There were 2 such changes I'm aware
of: str.format_map (#6081) and the addition of alternate ("#")
formatting to float, complex and decimal (#7094) __format__ methods.

For this announcement I don't think it's necessary to list them all.