[Python-Dev] 'languishing' status for the tracker

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Tue Feb 23 01:35:03 CET 2010

Am 22.02.2010 21:28, schrieb Florent Xicluna:
> R. David Murray <rdmurray <at> bitdance.com> writes:
>

>> I believe Brett mentioned the 'languishing' status for the tracker in
>> passing in his notes from the language summit.
>>

> I see a bunch of existing "Status / Resolution" choices.
>     "open" / "later"
>     "open" / "postponed"
>     "open" / "remind"

Those are taken from SourceForge, and I'm not sure we need all of them,
as David says. :)

But the point of the "languishing" status is really to not have them in
your results when searching for open issues.  Searching for "open, but
not with one of these three resolutions" is much harder.

> I did not find any documentation about them in both places:
>  * http://wiki.python.org/moin/TrackerDocs/ "Tracker documentation"
>  * http://www.python.org/dev/workflow/ "Issue workflow"

As David says, I have a plan to consolidate the dev docs and bring them
into the source repo.  Of course, just because it is my plan, it doesn't
need to be done by me :)

Aren't there people sprinting somewhere? :)

Georg