[Python-Dev] versioned .so files for Python 3.2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 00:09:13 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I'd like to get consensus as to whether folks feel that a PEP is needed.  My
> own thought is that I'd rather not do a PEP specific to this change, but I
> would update PEP 384 with the implications on .so versioning.  Please also
> feel free to review the patch in that issue.

I suspect you could write a new PEP faster than you could convince
those suggesting the change needs a PEP (including me) that one isn't
necessary. Presumably you were going to do a summary email for the
mailing list anyway - just tidy up the formatting a bit and check it
in as a PEP instead :)

Cheers,
Nick.