[Python-Dev] python-checkins

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Tue Jul 13 21:56:25 CEST 2010

> I was actually going to suggest something along those lines post
> transition, since Hg will have an email address for everyone - leave
> push notifications coming from the bot (so existing filters based on
> the bot address keep working), but include the push author in the
> reply-to field.

IIRC, you can’t know who pushed without kludgy hackery. Also, the one to
push is not necessarily the author of the commit(s). If that was just a
braino and you meant setting the committer as reply-to, it seems a good
idea.

Note that nothing in Mercurial forces you to have a parsable
“Name <email>” user name, it’s just a good practice. Dirkjan’s mapping
uses a dummy tools at python.org address for unknown IDs, which probably
means the other tools he’s writing depend on an email address. That
would need to be in the dev policy.

Regards