[Python-Dev] Define a place for code review in Python workflow

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Jul 26 22:38:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:18:05 +0300, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> > python -m review
>
> and allows you to:
>
> 1. Create issue for patch review on Rietveld site
> 2. Run "svn diff"
> 3. Upload the patch
> 4. Supply comment for the patch
>
> everything above in one step. To upload an updated patch, you just do:
>
> > python -m review -i XXXXX -m "log of fixes made in comparison with previous patch"
>
> Everybody can go to Rietveld site to view either patch or the whole
> file code _with_ the patch. Everybody can add comments _directly_ near
> patch lines.
> Everybody receives notifications about new code review comments.

We do use rietveld for reviews, though (so far) not usually for
small patches.  That could change.

So:

1) write the tool
2) upload it to pypi
3) see to what extent it gets adopted.

There's nothing in your proposal that is outside of your control,
as far as I can tell.

(Well, except for easy_install not being in the stdlib, but that's
no barrier to adoption of the proposed tool.)

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com