[Python-Dev] WPython 1.1 was released

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 23 19:38:05 CEST 2010

On 6/23/2010 7:28 AM, Cesare Di Mauro wrote:

> sorry, I made a mistake, assuming that the project was known.

A common mistake of people who announce their projects ;-)
Someone recently make the same mistake on python-list with respect to a
'BDD' package (the Wikipedia suggests about 6 possible expansions of the
acronym.

> WPython is a CPython 2.6.4 implementation that uses "wordcodes" instead
> of bytecodes. A wordcode is a word (16 bits, two bytes, in this case)

I suggest you specify the base version (2.6.4) on the project page as
that would be very relevant to many who visit. One should not have to
download and look at the source to discover to discover if they should
bother downloading the code. Perhaps also add a sentence as to the
choice (why not 3.1?).

--
Terry Jan Reedy