[Python-Dev] Update xml.etree.ElementTree for Python 2.7 and 3.2

Florent XICLUNA florent.xicluna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:36:27 CET 2010

2010/2/28 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>

> I would actually encourage Florent to do the opposite: act now and prepare
> a patch against the latest official ET 1.2 and cET releases (or their SVN
> version respectively) that integrates everything that is considered safe,
> i.e. everything that makes cET compatible with ET and everything that seems
> clearly stable in ET 1.3 and does not break compatibility for existing code
> that uses ET 1.2. If you send that to Fredrik, I expect little opposition
> to making that the base for a 1.2.8 release, which can then be folded back
> into the stdlib.

I exchanged some e-mails with Fredrik last week. Not sure if it will be
1.2.8 or 1.3, but now he is positive on the goals of the patch. I've
commited all the changes and external fixes to a branch of the Mercurial
repo owned by Fredrik. I'm expecting an answer soon.

Branch based on the official etree repository (Mercurial):
http://bitbucket.org/flox/et-2009-provolone/

Patch based on this branch:
http://codereview.appspot.com/207048
(patch set 7 almost identical to the tip of the Mercurial repo)

--
Florent