[Python-Dev] Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:25:39 CET 2010

All:

Finding .ini configuration files too limiting, JSON and XML to hard to
manually edit, and YAML too complex to parse quickly, I have started
work on a new configuration file parser.

I call the new format RSON (for "Readable Serial Object Notation"),
and it is designed to be a superset of JSON.

I would love for it to be considered valuable enough to be a part of
the standard library, but even if that does not come to pass, I would
be very interested in feedback to help me polish the specification,
and then possibly help for implementation and testing.

The documentation is in rst PEP form, at:

http://rson.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/draftpep.txt

Thanks and best regards,
Pat