[Python-Dev] test_bigmem and test_bigaddrspace broken

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Mar 17 22:26:06 CET 2010

Martin v. Löwis <martin <at> v.loewis.de> writes:

> > As mentioned I have access to a 16GB machine which is able to run the
> > tests. The problem is that nobody seems interested in maintaining these
> > tests.
>
> So what do you propose to do?

Nothing. I was pointing out the issue here because it is not obvious that
interested people would follow tracker updates.

Of course, there is also the problem of having tests which never get run and
whose failures don't get noticed (test_zipfile64 is another example, although
the last time I tried it ran ok). And the additional problem of buggy tests
(test_bigmem shouldn't OOM if I ask it to use 8GB on a machine with around 14GB
of free mem).

Regards

Antoine.