[Python-Dev] Bootstrap script for package management tool in Python 2.7 (Was: Re: [Distutils] At least one package management tool for 2.7)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:30:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 16:21, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a thought about user story my customers would likely write if I
> shipped Python as a product:
> "As a user, I think Python is suxx, because it makes its users suffer
> for a long time from packaging disorder".

So fix it. Python is open source. It's created by it's users. If there
is something you think it lacking, you step up and help make it
better.

But the packaging solution will not be ready for 2.7. It's a really
hard problem. Your help is appreciated. Complaints are not.

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python-incompatibility.googlecode.com/