[Python-Dev] Did I miss the decision to untabify all of the C code?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu May 6 02:51:20 CEST 2010

Eric Smith <eric <at> trueblade.com> writes:

> Last I saw Antoine had written a script that might do what we want, but
> hadn't been thoroughly tested. Now I've seen a few checkins for files
> that have been run through the script.

As far as I'm concerned, it was a case of eating my own dog food: running the
script over a couple of files I'm interested in (_ssl.c, _fileio.c). I believe
Victor processed posixmodule.c for the same reasons.

> What gives? And why do this so close to 2.7? I don't think it will cause
> any problems, but it's hard to review commits to ensure they have no
> changes when there's a rush of large commits near a release.

Well, however soon or late we do this, good luck reviewing multi-thousand line
commits to check no mistake sneaked in :)
By construction, these commits only adjust whitespace in some C files, which
means the risk of breakage is very close to zero.
(I guess you could do a "svn diff -x -w" between each two revisions to expose
any potential non-whitespace changes)

Really

Antoine.