[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 26 01:54:13 CEST 2010

On 23/05/10 22:47, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Sun, 23 May 2010 08:34:22 -0400
> Jesse Noller<jnoller at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Brian has already agreed to name spacing it to "concurrent.futures" -
>> this means it will be a small part to a much larger concurrent.*
>> implementation ala Java.
>
> What I would question here is what other things will be part
> of the "concurrent" package, and who will implement them. Are there
> plans for that? (or even tracker issues open?)

I'm not sure it is called out explicitly in the PEP, but the specific
example that came up in the previous discussions was something like
"concurrent.pool" to hold a thread vs process agnostic worker pool
interface based on the existing Pool interface in multiprocessing (with
concrete implementations for both threading and multiprocessing).

Cheers,
Nick.