[Python-Dev] stable builders

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Oct 5 23:34:12 CEST 2010

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:55:41 +0200
"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> I guess somebody would need to do monitoring on them, and ping operators
> if the buildbot is down for an extended period of time. Feel free to
> ping any operator whenever you notice that a slave is down (they do get
> an automated email, but people can get resistant to automated emails).

Well, I suppose manual pinging can become pretty much like automated
emails if it becomes frequent.
(in any case, I think I've pinged Matthias at least twice on
IRC, but perhaps he isn't really present on that medium, although he
doesn't appear away)

> Also, if you would want to propose that a different set than the current
> ones should be considered stable, please let me know. I believe
> "stable" was meant in a different way, though - it would reliably pass
> all tests, and a test failure should be considered a bug, rather than
> some random failure on the slave.

I see. Well, apart from the current ones, "alpha Debian" and "i386
Ubuntu" have been quite stable.

Antoine.